Clicking on the Above link will open a new browser window.
Record And Parcel SearchRecords And Parcel Search, or RAPS is a tool that uses ArcGIS Online to search for records and other information pertaining to land and ownership in Skamania County. If you are already familiar with Mapsifter, you'll find some similar features, along with a host of new ones and faster performance. We will continue to expand the features of this application. Meanwhile, RAPS provides the following:
- Parcel Search using the first few letters of an address or last name, or the first few numbers of the parcel number
- Select records that relate to the parcel by drawing a selection box
- Save a map of whatever you have onscreen as a pdf
- It has documentation on how to use it (the letter ‘I’ button)
- Links to relevant permits, deeds, assessor, auditor records
- Using the latest aerial photography
- Turn any elements off and on. (turning off the aerial photography reveals the underlying LiDAR imagery)
Instructions:We strongly recommend reviewing the following instructions to get the most out of our GIS tools.
These tools are commonly used to discover as much information about a parcel as possible. Begin by searching for a given parcel by entering part or all of a last name, a few characters from the desired street address, or part of a parcel number, and results will begin to appear. A maximum of 20 returns could appear, depending on how specific your search is. By entering the entire address, parcel number, or last name, your search results also will narrow.
Use the Layers Tool to reveal or hide layers, which can help reduce clutter and confusion. Turning off the 'Aerial (Uncheck for LiDAR)' layer will reveal the LiDAR layer beneath. LiDAR is created through millions of points that are collected using laser pulses, and provides data that is not accessible with aerial photography. In this case, we get a better look at the underlying topography without foliage or structures.
1. Click to enable the selection tool. Click again to disable selection, and re-enable navigation
2. Toggles the ability to select from the 'Parcel_Secure_2020' Layer
3. Toggles the ability to select from the 'Auditor Record Shapes (Approximate)' Layer.
4. Click to de-select currently selected objects.
Once you have drawn the selection, you can click on the layer name. In the example shown below, clicking 'Auditor Record Shapes (Approximate)' to access a list of the results.
1. Nothing from 'Parcel_Secure_2020' Layer will be selected, because it is unchecked.
2. This layer is checked and if clicked, it will display a list of records that were captured in the drawn selection box.
3. This number indicates the number of records that have been selected with the drawn selection box.
1. Click the arrow to return to the select tool general options.
2. Clicking one item on the list will open a pop-up, as shown on the right, which will provide specific information on the object in question, and in this case, a link to directly download a copy of the record.
3. Link to download record in question.
4. Scroll for more information.
You can create a link to email to your contacts and it will put the visitor at the exact location and extent from which you shared the link.
1. Link can be selected, copied, and shared via email or other means.
2. Takes user directly to an email client, where email is pre-generated with the appropriate link.
The print tool saves an image of your screen to your drive. If your objective is to print it on paper, consider selecting increasing the width and height in pixels, or the DPI. Modern printers are capable of printing 300 dpi or higher. The default (670x500) is very low resolution and will not likely be as useful in sharing the details of your project.