A marriage license issued by Skamania County is valid for use anywhere in the State of Washington. To apply for a Marriage License, both applicants need to appear in person at the Auditor's Office with government-issued picture identification. The application fee is payable at the time of application by cash, credit card. certified check, or money order only (sorry, no personal checks - contact the Auditor's Office for the current fee amount). The application fee is non-refundable. Once the license is issued, the ceremony must be performed between 3 and 60 days of issuance. The 3 day waiting period cannot be waived. If you have questions about who can perform your ceremony in the State of Washington, please review RCW 26.04.050. If one or both applicants are under the age of 18:
- An applicant who is 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must sign a consent form. The parent or guardian must also present photo ID.
- An applicant who is 16 or younger must have the permission of Juvenile Court.
APPLYING FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
In Person: To expedite the process, complete the link below to complete your application then visit our office with your identification and fees to obtain your license.
Online Marriage License Application
Via the mail: If it is impossible for one or both parties to appear in person for marriage license application, the license can be issued through the mail. You must complete the steps below:
- Print the instructions, application, and "additional required information" forms below.
- Complete the Application (signatures must be notarized) as indicated in the instructions.
- Return the properly completed application and "additional required information" forms to our office along with payment ( certified check or money order only, no personal checks - contact the Auditor's Office for current fee amounts).
- IMPORTANT! Completing the application form only fulfills the application portion of the licensing process. The mandatory 3-day waiting period does not begin until after our office receives the properly completed forms along with payment. Once we receive your application form and payment, we will process your application and mail the Certificate of Marriage back to you with additional instructions. After your ceremony, you must return these additional completed documents to our office for official recording.
Marriage License Instruction Sheet
Application for Marriage License
Additional Required Information
Referendum Measure 74 allows same gender couples to marry. Please refer to our FAQ page if you have questions on how this measure will be implemented:
If you have additional questions, please contact our office during regular business hours at 509-427-3730 or email our Recording Manager.