Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


The recording department is charged with recording real estate documents, liens, military discharges (DD-214's), maps, and surveys, in addition to issuing marriage licenses. Our documents are available online or searches can be conducted in our office using our public computers during regular business hours. Copies of any recorded document can be obtained for a fee. If you have questions, please call us at 509-427-3730, or email our Recording Manager.

We commonly receive requests for blank forms, such as blank deeds or liens, to be used for recording. Unfortunately, we cannot provide blank forms (other than the cover page below). If you are in need of one of these forms, please acquire them prior to visiting the recording department. Also, Auditor staff are not able to provide legal advice.  Documents received via mail are mailed back to the party who submitted the paperwork, approximately 7- 10 days after recording.

For more information, please click on the links below.

Searching for Records

To search records, you can visit our office or use the online tool below:

Online Records Search

Document Requests via Telephone

Current Recording Fees

ATTENTION!  Recording fees changed effective January 1, 2024.  Any documents recorded on or after January 1, 2024 are subject to the fee schedule below: 

Recording Fees Effective January 1, 2024

E-Recording Information

Currently our office does not accept E-recordings for any document that require a Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit, Easements, Surveys, Short Plats, Subdivisions, Death Certificates or Boundary line Adjustments. Please contact our office for recording instructions and fee amounts.

Marriage Licensing

Are you getting married? You can get information on obtaining a marriage license on our Marriage License page. Do you need to get a Certified Copy of a previously recorded Marriage License? Certified copies are $3.00 each and can be purchased in our office or ordered online using a credit card (online orders are processed and mailed the following business day).

Please note the following:

  • Our office can only provide copies of documents recorded in Skamania County. If the marriage license was recorded in a different county in Washington, you will need to contact the auditor's office in that county.
  • Current and former members of the military are exempt from certain fees. Contact our office for details.

If you just need a photocopy of your license (not a certified copy) or are doing research, statewide marriage records can also be found at courtesy of the WA State Digital Archives.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer