The Skamania County Community Development Department consists of the following divisions:
Implements land use provisions contained within the County's Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning, Critical Areas, Shoreline, and National Scenic Area codes. Develops new policies and regulations consistent with community needs.
For information regarding Resolution No. 2023-37, placing a moratorium on the acceptance and processing of all development applications related to recreational uses within Skamania County, click here.
- Environmental Health Conducts on-site septic and water system inspections, administers public health programs addressing recreational vehicle parks, public swimming pools, solid waste facilities, and nuisance complaint investigation.
Contacting the Department
You can reach us at (509) 427-3900 or by email at email@example.com.
Visit us in person at the Skamania County Courthouse Annex at 170 NW Vancouver Ave in Stevenson, Washington. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
The Skamania County Community Development Department (SCCDD) will no longer provide bottles for water samples or accept water samples to be shipped for laboratory testing. A person or water system operator testing their own water will need to work directly with a certified laboratory. Links to the State Department of Health and State Department of Ecology will be provided on SCCDD’s webpage which will list Washington State certified water testing laboratories. SCCDD staff will continue to directly sample for submitted applications.
- Certified State Drinking Water Labs
- After hours mental health, public health, and environmental health crisis/ emergency contact number: (509) 427-3850
- Underwood Conservation District Landowner Handbook
- Request for Public Information